* Individual results may vary.
Thanks to advancements in cosmetic medicine, Platinum Dermatology can now help our clients reverse facial ageing. Treatments are an excellent antidote for crow’s feet, frown lines, and other facial imperfections. They relax specific muscles and keep them from moving as much as they normally would. This results in smoother skin that is less prone to wrinkles and furrows.
The days of the “frozen face” are gone. The Platinum Dermatology skin experts have mastered the treatment technique to ensure our patients look fresh, youthful, and above all natural.
Some treatments work by blocking communication between nerve and muscle. This prevents the muscle in question from contracting and making the movements that cause wrinkling of the face.*
Benefits of Treating Wrinkles & Fine-Lines
Treatments can result in a smoother and more refreshed appearance.* Areas that can be addressed include:
- Lines in the forehead caused by raising the eyebrows
- Frown lines
- Lines between the eyebrows
- Laugh lines
- Squint lines
- Mouth lines (also known as marionette lines)
At Platinum Dermatology, we often combine treatments to give our patients better, more dramatic results*:
- Laser treatments for fine lines
- Treatments for deep folds and wrinkles
- Photo rejuvenation with our Broadband laser to reverse sun damage
- Chemical peels to freshen skin and enhance the benefits of anti-wrinkle injections
Are You a Good Candidate?
The best candidates are physically healthy, with no history of neuromuscular diseases. They also have realistic expectations about what the benefits of the treatment will be.
Treatments are not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing, and for people with muscle weakness in the targeted areas, drooping eyelids, or skin disorders around the planned treatment sites.
At Platinum Dermatology, we ask our patients for a complete medical history to ensure that they are suitable candidates.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
At your appointment a member of our team will review your medical history, go over your goals and expectations, and propose a treatment plan individualised to you. Your face will be examined and we will discuss your concerns.
Before the treatment begins, we’ll make certain that you are comfortable and relaxed. Then tiny needles can be used to address fine-lines and wrinkles in the target areas of your face. The treatment takes less than 15 minutes. Results will become noticeable within a few days, though it may take up to 2 weeks to experience the final, smoother results.*
Possible Risks and Complications
Most people experience only temporary discomfort and may have little mosquito-bite like marks on their face. These subside within 30-60 minutes. Typically, patients at Platinum Dermatology return to their regular daily activities immediately after treatment, making this an excellent lunch hour treatment.
How Long Do Results Last?
Most of the patients we treat at Platinum Dermatology maintain their smooth, unlined faces for up to four months. Greater longevity of treatment (up to 6 months) can be achieved by having repeat treatments just before the previous injections have worn off. However, each individual will experience differing results based on factors including:
- Gender – Women’s facial muscles are easier to relax and they enjoy longer lasting results than men.
- Age – Increasingly, individuals in their late 20’s and 30’s are starting treatments as a preventative, in order that the formation of deep-set wrinkles is minimised.
- Skin thickness – People with thinner skin enjoy a more stable result than those with thicker skin.
- Facial expressiveness – The more naturally animated your expressions, the better the results.
- Amount and concentration of the injections – Each zone of the face is treated differently. Dr Ritu is skilled at treating to achieve the best results.
We recommend a series of maintenance visits to keep the muscles inactive. Over time, the lack of use can cause existing furrows to smooth out completely.
If you love to smile and laugh, but dislike the wrinkles and lines that are ageing your face, please contact Platinum Dermatology on 02 8014 6500 or use the contact form on this page to learn how our Doctors can help.
* Individual results may vary.